Data is everything. Information driving decisions, empowering employees, improving customer experience & automating processes. Organizations are doing a great job driving insight into the structured data, but what about the unstructured data? Most companies are struggling to drive insight from ALL of their enterprise data.
Why Does Data Insight Matter?
Data Insight impacts many areas of the business from the customer's experience, to automation of processes. Forrester's data shows that insights-driven firms are 39% more likely to report year-over-year revenue growth of 15% or more. 1
Data insight can power two areas of focus for businesses:
- Improve customer experience and employee engagement.1 Getting proper insight into customer data can help improve long-term customer retention and improve the bottom line.
- Empower employees to make decisions. Having proper insight into data allows employees in your organization to improve day-day operations. They are able to leverage real data to make decisions.
- Automation of processes. Robotic process automation is becoming a driving force of many companies. Automation requires clean and accurate data in order to drive more value.
The Challenge Organizations Face
Even with technology, organizations are struggling to get insight or even basic management of their increasing data set. From 2016 to 2017, unstructured data has grown an average of 25% according to Forrester Research.2
The Forrester Wave™: Machine Learning Data Catalogs, Q2 2018 The 12 Providers That Matter Most And How They Stack Up
Even with heavy investment and C-level priority, unstructured data remains a challenge every organization is dealing with.
- Personally Identifiable Information is scattered across repositories, exposing the organization to risk.
- Redundant, obsolete, and trivial (ROT) data is costing every organization, but many still have no plan to reduce ROT
- Users spend most of their time in email but it remains one of the most under-managed repositories.
Take a second and imagine how much value and insight you could pull from your file share data, users email & ECM data with the help of machine learning.
How Shinydocs Drives Business Insight:
Shinydocs Cognitive Analysis is the best way to get business insight into ALL enterprise data because we crawl & understand data in-place. Organizations can keep data in file shares, user desktops & personal drives while crawling & enriching the documents. During the crawl, Shinydocs uses powerful AI engines to understand your content at a document level which sets us apart.
Step 1: Understand Your Data
Shinydocs crawls through data repositories at lightning speed and creates a visualization of the repositories to identify redundant, obsolete and trivial information. The visualization includes information on file types, sizes, locations & PST information. It also exposes documents containing sensitive information such as Personally Identifiable Information (PII), protecting your organization from lost data. Drill down even deeper for eDiscovery purposes to get ready for regulations such as GDPR.
Step 2: Auto-Classification
Train our AI engine to automatically classify data in-place. Let the machines understand and classify your data to replace manual attribution. Machines can auto-classify at speeds never before seen.
Step 3: Make Data-Driven Decisions
Once data is understood, your organization can make decisions based on your documents. Make informed content decisions, migrate documents to an ECM, promote records management, dispose of data and automate business processes with 100% of your data. You now have the power of ALL your data at your disposal to improve your customer experience, empower your employees and grow your business.
Shinydocs is the non-disruptive way for you to get insights from your enterprise data. Download our latest white paper to learn how AI can help you drive business insights.
1. Forrester Report: What You Need To Go From Data Rich To Insights Driven
2. The Forrester Wave™: Machine Learning Data Catalogs, Q2 2018 The 12 Providers That Matter Most And How They Stack Up