Information is growing at light speed and the technologies that are required to manage it need to be able to work at the same pace. Not only will they need to be able to identify and manage the already massive amount of existing data, including decades old legacy storage, they will need to be able to manage the influx of new data as it is created.
The solution is Artificial Intelligence, and here's why.
The amount of content being created is so vast, that humans alone are no longer capable of managing it.
Humans have already begun to embrace new technologies like Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning in a variety of industries in order to create efficiencies and automate repetitive tasks.
And they are doing it at machine speed.
It comes as no surprise that these technologies will also play a big role in the future of content management.
The people that realize this have already started using these technologies for content management. They are shining a light on their dark data and beginning to understand ALL of their data, not just the structured information residing in their Enterprise Content Management system. Always remember this:
“Analysts at Gartner estimate that upward of 80% of enterprise data today is unstructured." Read more at Forbes.com - The Big (unstructured) Data Problem
An AI driven information governance initiative provides incredible value to organizations. It still requires a business strategy and human intervention to guide it towards the desired outcome, but the Return on Value happens very fast. It will follow a linear progression at the beginning, but then you can choose what direction to go in order to provide the biggest return on your AI investment.
Here are some of the valuable outcomes you can expect when you begin using these new technologies for content management:
- Identify, understand and gain knowledge from ALL your data.
- Identify ROT (Redundant, Obsolete and Trivial) files that should be disposed of. You will be able to find exact duplicate documents that may be valid business records but have not inherited the necessary legal holds or retention codes.
- Migrate valid business records to a more centralized and managed location.
- Identify, tag, or even delete the files that contain sensitive information like PII (Personal Identifiable Information) or IP(Intellectual Property) in order to remain compliant, reduce risk, and potentially avoid litigation.
- Automate the process of file classification based on your records management policies.
- Automatically add descriptive metadata tags that will enhance search and provide users with the information they need, when they need it.
- Inherit or add necessary permissions to control access to your data and keep it secure.
- Create relationships between seemingly unrelated data that was all a part of some complex business project and gather it together at the time of project close out.
- Improve internal business processes to prevent the further creation of unstructured data.
- Automate all of these AI processes and apply it to incoming data and begin managing it right from the date of its creation.
With AI running the backbone of your content management, your organization can now focus on the tasks that drive your business and gain efficiencies by providing your employees with the correct information they need right at their fingertips.
Start understanding what data you have now! The best way to begin is with our Metadata Analysis Report. Get It Here
contact us at: email@example.com